This system consist of two parts:
Narda SRM-3000 Selective Radiation Meter (SRM)
The Narda SRM-3000 Selective Radiation Meter (SRM) is a handheld selective measuring device for safety analysis of RF & microwave electromagnetic fields. It can also be used as a conventional RF spectrum analyzer for general field strength measurements.
The Narda SRM-3000 can be used by broadcasters, radio network operators, measurement service providers and public authorities to selectively measure the field exposure produced by individual telecom services, and assess the results in accordance with the applicable standards.Most measurements required in the mobile radio sector can be performed directly using the handheld device. The SRM immediately evaluates the results on site.
- Complete solution for selective measurement of RF & microwave electromagnetic fields (100 kHz to 3 GHz)
- Isotropic (non-directional) measurement with triaxial Antenna (75 MHz to 3 GHz)
- Excellent immunity for operation in high field strengths
- Results in V/m, A/m, power density or percentage of permissible limit
- Automatic correlation of results with telecommunications services (e.g. TETRA, GSM, UMTS) based on user-defined tables
- Automatic computation of contribution of individual services to overall field exposure (Safety Evaluation mode)
- Resolution bandwidths (RBWs) up to 5 MHz for UMTS and W-CDMA
- UMTS P-CPICH Demodulation mode for worst case extrapolation of UMTS Node-B base station emissions
Narda NBM-550 Broadband Field Meter
The Narda NBM-550 Broadband Field Meter is part of the NBM-500 device family. It makes extremely accurate measurements of non-ionizing radiation. Equipped with probes for measuring electric and magnetic field strengths, it covers all frequencies from long wave up to microwave radiation. Flat frequency response probes ("flat probes") as well as so-called shaped probes that evaluate the field strength on the basis of a human safety standard are available. These probes are calibrated separately from the field meter, and include a non-volatile memory that contains the probe parameters and calibration data. They can therefore be used with any device in the NBM-500 family without losing any of the calibration accuracy.
- Measuring field strengths to comply with general safety regulations
- Measuring and monitoring field strengths around broadcasting and radar equipment
- Measuring field strengths of cell phone transmitters and satellite communications systems to demonstrate compliance with human safety standard limit values
- Measuring field strengths in the industrial environment, such as plastics welding equipment, RF heating, tempering, and drying equipment
- Measurements for protecting users of diathermy equipment and other medical devices that generate high-frequency radiation
- Measuring field strength in TEM cells and absorber chambers to demonstrate electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)